DERMAL FILLERS | FACIAL FILLERS | WRINKLE FILLERS
Dermal fillers are increasingly popular way of enhancing the appearance of the face and, when used well, can help to accentuate your natural features and reverse the appearance of ageing with long-lasting effects.
Injectables such as dermal fillers are suitable for treating fine to deep wrinkles, restoring volume to the face and even augment facial structure. Dermal or facial fillers contain hyaluronic acid, a molecule that is found naturally in the skin. Hyaluronic acid works as a magnet for moisture, helping your cells retain as much of it as possible so that your skin feels and appears hydrated, plump and healthy.
At ADL Aesthetics, we offer injectable fillers for lip plumping and contouring, treatment of naso-labial folds (creases from nose to mouth) and Marionette Lines (creases from the lips to chin).
BENEFITS OF DERMAL FILLERS
- Minimising facial wrinkles, eg smile lines and marionette lines
- Smoothing frown lines, forehead lines and crows feet
- Reducing the appearance of scars, including acne scars
- Creating fuller, more beautiful lips and smoothing lip wrinkles
- Lifting eyebrows up to a more youthful position
- Re-balancing and bringing symmetry to the face
- Enhancing and lifting flattened, sunken cheeks
- Restoring volume to sagging jowls to create a straighter jaw line
- Lifting up sagging corners of the mouth
- Creating a more defined chin
- Restoring symmetry to irregularities of the nose, including bumps or dips
- Reducing facial folds
- Hiding dark circles, bags and hollow areas under the eyes
WHAT TO EXPECT
Are Dermal Fillers Painful
You may experience minor discomfort during the injection as the viscous filler stretches the skin. Some areas of the face, eg marionette lines & lips, are more sensitive so may be more painful than others.
What are the risks?
You may experience an aching or throbbing sensation for a short time after the injection. There will be mild swelling and common side effects include: bruising, redness, swelling and itching.
What to do after?
After your treatment the full effects won't initially be visible for around 3 days.
Results typically last from to 3-6 months, although this varies between patients depending on how long the hyaluronic acids take to be naturally absorbed by your body.
Generally, treatments in high mobility areas, like the lips last around 3 months while the naso-labial area can last up to 12 months.
We recommend returning for follow up treatments to maintain results and keep your skin looking fresh and youthful.