SAXENDA | WEIGHT LOSS INJECTIONS
Have you been trying to lose weight and haven't had much luck?
Say hello to Saxenda - a new weight-loss medicine that can help you lose weight. You might already have heard of it by so-called names as skinny pen, slimming jab etc.
Saxenda is a new treatment choice in the form of injection for people that are struggling to lose weight.
If you integrate it with a low-calorie diet regimen and also exercise, Saxenda may aid you to lose weight and also keep it off. Saxenda is aimed at individuals that are clinically obese-- that's a BMI of 30 and also above. Nevertheless, it can also be prescribed for people who have a medical problem that impacts their weight that likewise have a BMI of 27 as well as above. This consists of individuals with diabetes.
It’s a prescription-only medication meaning you need approval from a qualified healthcare professional before being able to use it. Saxenda is a self-administered injectable and comes as a pre-loaded injection pen.
How does Saxenda pen work?
Saxenda includes a component that imitates a hormonal agent that naturally happens in your body. GLP-1 is the name of the hormonal agent as well as it helps manage appetite. Therefore, Saxenda might assist you feel less hungry, helping you eat much less and also lose weight in the process.
Because it works with your body, Saxenda enables you to adopt a healthier way of life selections including a well-balanced diet regimen as well as an energetic day. Saxenda helps you in achieving and also keeping your weight loss goals by establishing these brand-new healthy and balanced habits.
Saxenda isn't a quick fix, a wonder drug or some inflexible program. Rather, Saxenda could be the support you require to kick-start a new healthier lifestyle.
How soon can one expect Saxenda results?
You will most likely see weight-loss within weeks of starting your healthier way of life along with the Saxenda weight loss medication.
In a 56-week study conducted by the company that makes of Saxenda, most participants saw weight-loss results:
- 3 in 5 participants lost at least 5% of their starting body weight
- 1 in 3 participants lost 10% or more of their starting body weight
- 8 out of 10 participants maintained their weight loss
BENEFITS OF SAXENDA
- Minimising facial wrinkles, eg smile lines and marionette lines
- Smoothing frown lines, forehead lines and crows feet
- Reducing the appearance of scars, including acne scars
- Creating fuller, more beautiful lips and smoothing lip wrinkles
- Lifting eyebrows up to a more youthful position
- Re-balancing and bringing symmetry to the face
- Enhancing and lifting flattened, sunken cheeks
- Restoring volume to sagging jowls to create a straighter jaw line
- Lifting up sagging corners of the mouth
- Creating a more defined chin
- Restoring symmetry to irregularities of the nose, including bumps or dips
- Reducing facial folds
- Hiding dark circles, bags and hollow areas under the eyes
WHAT TO EXPECT
Are SAXENDA Injections Painful
You may experience minor discomfort during the injection as the viscous filler stretches the skin. Some areas of the face, eg marionette lines & lips, are more sensitive so may be more painful than others.
What are the risks?
You may experience an aching or throbbing sensation for a short time after the injection. There will be mild swelling and common side effects include: bruising, redness, swelling and itching.
What to do after?
After your treatment the full effects won't initially be visible for around 3 days.
Results typically last from to 3-6 months, although this varies between patients depending on how long the hyaluronic acids take to be naturally absorbed by your body.
Generally, treatments in high mobility areas, like the lips last around 3 months while the naso-labial area can last up to 12 months.
We recommend returning for follow up treatments to maintain results and keep your skin looking fresh and youthful.